After a long, hard day at work and dealing with the kids, I really want a space that I can call my own. What I really need is a place that offers peace – and even better, a little romance. Here are some steps to turn your room into a luxury boudoir:
- Pick a color/any color – Don’t leave your bedroom walls a plain, vanilla white. Pick your favorite color, then look for a shade or tone of the color that is relaxing and soothing.
- Outfit the room – Can’t afford to replace the furniture? A few changes to your linens can create a new look. Choose satin sheets and a satin bed skirt in a complimentary color to your wall scheme.
- Don’t be afraid to mix things up – pick alternating colors for the sheets and bed skirts, or try a variety of satin pillow cases and shams.
- Add the accents – Add some decorative elements, pictures and candles. Don’t fill your bedroom with lots of family photos – make it a neutral space that is conducive to romance.
- Soften the lighting – Bring in some lamps, add dimmer switches to your lights. Make the lighting work when reading, but soft and relaxing when you need to chill out.
- Don’t forget the music – Add a nice quality mini-stereo to play relaxing music, or consider adding something for white noise. Make the room as free of distractions from the outer world.
- Immerse yourself in a little luxury and comfort. Create your own space with our satin sheets and you just may find that you never want to leave the room.
For less than $100, you can create the perfect romantic bedroom you have always dreamed of.